Machine Readable Passports have replaced manual passport system throughout in Pakistan. Whereas 36 Foreign Missions including Embassy of Pakistan, Abu Dhabi have also been equipped with facility.
Illegal immigration and human trafficking to Gulf as well as other European and developed countries, urged for issuance of a secured travel document. The salient features of Machine Readable Passports are: -
- Conformity with ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) standards
- High Degree of reliability
- Secure travel documents
- Reduced human intervention
- Facilitation to holders
- Increased Security at borders
- Control of transitional Crime
Ordinary/ Urgent Machine Readable passport is issued to all citizens of Pakistan.
Documents: Original CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card) or NICOP alongwith Original Passport and photocopies.
Passport Delivery Timings: 8:00am to 2:30pm
Fee for all types of passports in realized by the UBL Branch situated with in the premises of Embassy, the fee structure is as under: -
- Ordinary: AED 151/= Delivery after 20 Days
- Urgent: AED 251/= Delivery after 10 Days